CakePHP MailPreview Plugin
A simple CakePHP plugin for use with previewing emails during development.
This plugin was inspired by the Rails 4.1 feature, Action Mailer Previews, as well
as the 37signals
Alternatives to this plugin include any of the following:
- CatchMe: A nodejs app to catch, display and validate emails
- MailCatcher: A super simple SMTP server which catches any message sent to it to display in a web interface.
- MailHog: A Web and API based SMTP testing service.
- MailTrap: An email testing service
This plugin is specifically meant to bring Rapid Application Development to
email development by enabling developers to simply update a template and
reload the browser. Developers are encouraged to use other tools as their
What does this plugin do?
- preview HTML or plain text emails from within your web browser
- emails are reloaded with each view so you can tweak/save/refresh for instant verification
- integrates perfectly with existing test fixtures
- only exposes routes in development mode to prevent leaking into production mode